Monday 16 January 2012

International Womens Day

Good Afternoon Everyone,
Today I'm here to talk about International Women's Day (March 8th).
I will be designing a poster that represents my favorite "Woman".
The Famous person I choose was Marilyn Monroe, she has always been a role model to me. She was and always will be a beautiful woman that everyone will remember.
She was a terrific woman, everyone knew her as a actress, singer, and a model.
She was a legend to everyone unfortunately she passed away on August 5 1962, it was hard for everyone to believe.
This June would have been Marilyn Monroe's 85th Birthday a concept that's hard to imagine for a woman who captivated a generation of fans.

I have posted a rough sketch of some what how I want to design my layout.
The first image is from Al Parker, My image of inspiration because when i first seen this I thought it was Marilyn , but her beauty in this image is how I plan to design my poster with Monroe.


thumbnails 



Photo1














Photo2




Photo3
For my rough color sketches, I was trying to figure out colors that I would like to add to my design , for my first one( photo1) I chose to go with more of a dark color background and red and pinks, to me it reminds me of, looking at old photographs in black and white, very inspiring to me.

For the second one (photo2) I decided to go with just green and pink , the reason I choose green was because I wanted a background that stood out and thought it would catch my viewers eyes.

My Third picture (photo3) I decided to go with again some more darker colors, the blue I choose because I had imagined she was up in the clouds, and would make Marilyn stand out from the background.    



  Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!!
Have a wonderful day check back soon to see results.  








2 comments:

  1. A great start, Bailey! I want you to do at least three thumbnails for each assignment so you have the opportunity to explore as many design options as possible (actually, there are hundreds and hundreds of possible solutions, so three is really the bare minimum).

    Please add at least two more to this post and let me know - I'll give you additional feedback at that point. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, Bailey -- be sure to post your colour scheme thumbnails and further develop how the type elements will be incorporated as part of the over all design. Use the full size pencil drawing due Monday to accurately nail down all the positions of these various elements. Use your photo ref to help you get a good likeness of the subject. Great work - keep going! :^)

    ReplyDelete