Monday 16 January 2012

Final Design Challenge 1

Good Evening Everyone,

I have created some different thumbnails for my final concept.
I had a lot to think about with this challenge and how I wanted to create my final.

When I heard the word "grounded" some ideas that came to mind was, the ground, a circuit box, or family.
I Have decided to go with Family because , they will always be my inspiration, there always there when I need them. My parents and family have help me in so many ways to get where I am today.

My rough sketches, I decided to go with the first one withthe family.


For my second one I decided to go with more lighter colors and the affects in the background I wanted to see if it went well with the whole image but it was more of a distraction and didn't really make sense. Also the word "families keep you", was really hard to read and I wanted to make that stand out.






My final design I decided to go with a more darker orange and make it more open then all over the place. I think I'm very satisfied with my design, it can be used on a post card, a greeting card, pretty much anything you would like to see this design on.








Thanks for taking the time to read my blog !!
Check back soon for more designs :) 


1 comment:

  1. An interesting take on "grounded", Bailey -- I like the idea very much. There is some room for improvement, however... My first concern is the type you used for "Families keep you" ... Its a bit hard to read and seems too "fancy" for all the other elements in your design, which are all very clean and simple.

    Also, your entire design is centered... but then the word "grounded' is offset. Symbolically, this send a message that's contrary to the entire concept. The centered design is excellent because it communicates a subliminal message of stability. But the key word - "Grounded" - is unstable because it doesn't conform to the message in the design.

    Over all, a good effort -- keep at it. I know you're going to get better with each design! :^)

    ReplyDelete