Sunday 19 February 2012

International Women's Day !!

 Hello Everyone , I think im finally finished my " International Women's Day poster, it didn't take an hour to do ,  thats for sure :p :)

For My International Woman I decided to do Marilyn Monroe, she has always been my favourite person , her beauty and talents inspire me, She was the one you called perfect woman, she was herself, make up didn't matter to her.

However I did have a lot of fun designing and putting together this poster, I learned a lot of new ways to paint and draw my subject. Was very messy and had paint all over my arms but thats okay.

I started mine off with a little blue colour, and slowly started to fade my shades of blue, from dark to light or other way around. I had to play around with paint colours for her skin and hair till I got it the shades that I wanted, I tried my best to make her face look exactly like her and I think I accomplished that.  Do you Agree ?
Once I had finished painting, I was very pleased with the way it turned out , I can't wait to show my poster off to everyone, It turned out the way I planned it  !!

For my final digital photo I wanted to go for a more darker shade like old pictures, from black to white. It reminds me of old in days walking down the road and seeing movie posters, I moved my text around, it seemed to small. I wanted Marilyn to be the center of attention , her beauty and her charm she has on everyone. I had to brighten her skin to make it look for neutral.
























I Am so happy with my design :)
Hope you all like it!! Have a wonderful Happy Family Day !!!

I learned to never start off with a white canvas, always have a colour because its not a photograph its a painting , doesn't always have to be the way it seems !!

No comments:

Post a Comment